Today, Xiaomi has launched the Mi Max 2 in India. It is the successor to last year’s brilliant Mi Max. The Mi Max was one of the best phablets we’ve ever used. It had an extremely large screen and an extremely long battery life. The Mi Max 2 takes the game even further with a more power-efficient processor, larger-capacity battery, improved cameras and enhanced connectivity. The device now also features stereo speakers, which will make the Mi Max a great multimedia player. The phone will be offered in Gold and Matt Black.
The Mi Max 2 features a large, 6.44-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass panel. It is equipped with a power-efficient Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a humongous 5,300mAh battery. It can be rapidly charged using Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 technology. It features a 12-megapixel primary camera with phase-detection autofocus and 4K video recording. The front-facing camera has a resolution of 5 megapixels.
The phone runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based MIUI 8 software. The company has also continued offering Quick Ball feature for easing one-handed usage. The phablet comes with a hybrid dual-SIM card slot (SIM 2 slot can be used for microSD cards) and 4G LTE and VoLTE compatibility. It also features dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, IR emitter, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. There’s a rear-mounted fingerprint reader, similar to that of the Redmi 4 and the Redmi Note 4.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2: Specifications
- Display: 6.44-inch screen-size with Full HD resolution and IPS LCD technology
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat based MIUI 8
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB with microSD card slot
- Primary Camera: 12MP with phase-detection autofocus and dual-tone dual-LED flash, 4K recording at 30FPS, HD recording at 120FPS
- Secondary Camera: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS (with A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS), NFC, Infrared emitter, USB Type-C, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 5,300mAh, non-removable, Quick Charge 3.0 (with Parallel Charging)
- Additional Features: Fingerprint scanner, Quick Ball (for one-handed usage), Stereo speakers
Xiaomi Mi Max 2: Availability & Pricing
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is priced at ₹16,999 for the 64GB variant. The device will be available for purchase from Xiaomi’s Mi Store starting 20 July as a part of the company’s third year anniversary in India. Later, the phone will be available through online as well as offline stores starting 27 July. The device will be available through Big C Mobiles, Croma, E-Zone, LOT Mobiles, Poorvika Mobiles, Sangeetha Mobiles, and Vijay Sales. The Mi Max 2 will also offer 100GB of additional data to Reliance Jio customers.
Stay tuned to MySmartPrice for the full, in-depth review of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 in a couple of weeks.
The post Xiaomi Mi Max 2 with 5300mAh battery launched in India for Rs. 16,999 appeared first on Android News.