Xiaomi has sent out media invites for an upcoming launch event in India which is happening on July 18. Going by the teaser with the tagline “BIG IS BACK“, the Chinese smartphone brand will be launching the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 in the country. The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 was unveiled in China a few months ago, while the global device launch took place a few days ago, starting in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Russia. The smartphone is the successor to the popular Mi Max. The new phone will continue with a same-sized screen, metal unibody design, but also brings some notable changes in the hardware department.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a 6.44-inch IPS LCD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. Under the hood, the device is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage (there’s a variant with 128GB storage too), and an option to expand the storage capacity using a microSD card. Furthermore, it runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based MIUI 8 operating system. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor as well. The device sports a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF and f/2.2 aperture. At the front, it has a 5-megapixel shooter with f/2.0 aperture and an 85-degree wide-angle lens.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi Max Review: Your Entertainment Hub
The device has features a hybrid dual-SIM card slot, 4G VoLTE connectivity, a 5,300mAh battery with fast charging, stereo speakers and a 3.5mm audio jack. It comes in Gold and Black, and 64GB variant costs CNY 1,699 (approximately ₹15,999) in China, while the 128GB variant retails for CNY 1,999 (approximately ₹19,999). The pricing and availability details of the Mi Max 2 for the Indian market isn’t known yet, but we will report back with full details right from the event where Xiaomi will officially launch it on July 18.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2: Specifications
- Display: 6.44-inch IPS LCD display, 1920×1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass display, 450 nits brightness, 72% NTSC colour gamut
- Software: Android 7.1.1Nougat with MIUI 8
- Processor: Snapdragon 625 chipset (2GHz octa-core CPU + Adreno 506 GPU)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Rear-Facing Camera: 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 sensor, PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, F/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 5-megapixel camera, 85-degree wide-angle lens, F/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac/b/g/n with MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C
- Audio: Stereo speakers and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 174.1 × 88.7 × 7.6mm
- Weight: 211 grams
- Battery: 5300mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 + Parallel Charging
- Colours: Gold and Black
The post Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is launching in India on July 18 appeared first on Gear | MySmartPrice.