Samsung will be launching the Galaxy Note 8 on August 23, and various details of the upcoming flagship have leaked on the web in recent days. The Note 8 was rumoured to be hitting stores in South Korea on September 15, and now, a possible US release date has been leaked on Reddit. The phone will reportedly go on sale on August 24 in North America, just a day after its official announcement. Additionally, pre-orders are slated to go live on the day of announcement, but consumers will apparently be able to walk into the nearest store to pick up the handset the next day. The information comes from a Best Buy employee who was reportedly able to confirm via both Samsung and Verizon channels.
The Galaxy Note 8 is rumoured to come with a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display, with a Snapdragon 835/Exynos 8895 chip under the hood. The device is said to be packing 6GB of RAM with storage options going as high as 256GB in some markets, and it will also be the first flagship from Samsung to have a dual rear camera setup. The dual cameras are said to feature two 12-megapixel sensors with 2x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS, and 4K video recording. The Note 8 will no doubt be IP68 certified for water and dust resistance and will come with the S Pen stylus with new features. Color options will reportedly include at least Maple Gold and Midnight Black, and pricing for the phablet is rumoured to be as high as €1,000 (₹ 75,365) in Europe.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Rumoured Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display, 1440×2960 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat, Samsung Experience UX
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 8895/Snapdragon 835 Chipset
- Memory: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Rear-facing camera: 12-megapixel primary with f/1.7 aperture, dual-pixel autofocus, 12-megapixel secondary, f/2.4 aperture with 2X optical zoom
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio port
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.6 x 8.5mm
- Battery: 3300mAh with fast charging
- Colours: Midnight Black and Maple Gold options
The post Samsung Galaxy Note 8 sales in the US rumoured to start on August 24 appeared first on Android News.