HMD Global has announced that the Nokia 5 will be up for offline sale in India starting from tomorrow. Initially priced at Rs 12,899, Nokia has reduced the asking price of Nokia 5 to Rs 12,499 now. The Nokia 5 will be available in Matte Black, Silver, Tempered Blue and Copper. The device will be available across multiple sales channels (offline only) and will run on the Android 7.1.1. The Nokia 5 launch also coincides with the Independence Day.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Nokia 5 comes with a 5.2-inch HD panel up front that is protected by a layer of Gorilla Glass and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal storage which is further expandable up to 128GB, Adreno 505 GPU and a non-removable 3000 mAh battery underneath. The camera arrangement includes a 13-megapixel f/2.0 lens on the back, dual-tone LED flash and a front-facing 8-megapixel, 84-degree wide f/2.0 shooter.
There’s a fingerprint scanner present as well which is housed under the home button. It also supports NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Dual-SIM and sports a MicroUSB port instead of Type-C. The exterior is made out of aluminum which does look quite enticing. The software has been kept mostly clutter-free, and the company also promises regular updates with monthly security patches as well. Along with the Pure Android experience, Nokia is also promising timely monthly security updates. Launch offers on the Nokia 5 include 5GB data per month for Vodafone customers at Rs 149 and Rs 2,500 worth coupons on MakeMyTrip.
Nokia 5 Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, 500 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform clocked at 1.4 GHz, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Non-removable 3000 mAh battery
- Fingerprint reader
The post Nokia 5 will Finally Go on Sale in India for Rs 12,499 from Aug 15 appeared first on Android News.