Good news for OnePlus 5T Users, Latest Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 5T is now available for download. The OnePlus 5T Android 9.0 Pie Update is an official build and rolling out as OxygenOS Open Beta 20.If you want to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5T or want to Update OnePlus 5T to Android Pie then Download OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 5T from below and install it manually.
OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 20 build not only brings the latest Android 9.0 Pie but also bring November 2018 security patch and lots of new features. OnePlus 5T Android 9.0 Pie update is about 1.6GB in size and soon will be available for all users. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5T.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you are in previous Open Beta build else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 20 on OnePlus 5T you will continue getting the OTA. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 5T to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus 5T Android 9.0 Pie Changelogs –
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5T.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5T
- Download Android Pie based OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 5T – Download
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5T
Method 1 –
1) Download Open Beta 20 ROM for OnePlus 5T from above and copy the file to internal storage.
2) Now Reboot your phone into recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
3) Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
4) Now find your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 20 OTA zip file for OnePlus 5T from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 20 on OnePlus 5T by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
This is the easiest way to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5T. Let us know your thoughts about OnePlus 5T Pie update in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
The post Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5T (OxygenOS Open Beta 20) appeared first on STechGuide.