The LG Aristo 2 LM-X210 is recently released budget-friendly LG phone, released in USA for the MetroPCS system. It sports 16GB internal memory, 2GB RAM, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 8917 chipset.
There is currently no TWRP and SuperSU root method available for this device, but we can still root it through ADB command prompts and a simple file flash. If you’re wondering “how to root the LG Aristo 2”, this guide will walk you through the fairly simple steps
- ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC (See Appual’s guide “How to Install ADB on Windows”)
- Magisk Manager APK
- First you need to enable Developer Options on your LG Aristo 2. Go into Settings > About > tap Build Number 7 times until it confirms Developer Mode is activated.
- Now go into Settings > Developer Options > enable both USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Download the root_boot.img file from the Requirements section of this guide, and save it into your main ADB folder on your computer.
- Connect your LG Aristo 2 to your PC via USB and launch an ADB console (hold Shift + right click inside your main ADB folder and select ‘Open a Command Window Here’)
- Accept the ADB pairing dialogue on the screen of your LG Aristo 2, and then in the ADB console on your PC, type: adb devices
- If you are successfully connected over ADB, the console window will display your device’s serial number. If not, you may need to troubleshoot your ADB installation or USB connection.
- If the connection was successfully recognized, proceed to type into the ADB console: adb reboot bootloader
- Your LG Aristo 2 should reboot to the Fastboot / Bootloader menu, so once you are there, type into the ADB console on your PC: fastboot flash boot root_boot.img
- Once it is successfully flashed, you may now type into ADB console: fastboot reboot
- Once your LG Aristo 2 boots into the Android system, install the Magisk APK from your SD card.