Now you can Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3 is available for download. As we know company still not released the Nougat update and Android 8.0 Oreo update for Redmi Note 3 may never release so if you want to try Android Oreo on Redmi Note 3 then follow our guide to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3.
XDA Senior Member jhenrique09, released the initial build of Android Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3 and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with Pixel Launcher and inbuilt Gapps and almost everything working except for VoLTE, Hotspot, and USB tether. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 from below.
The ROM is an initial Oreo build for Redmi Note 3 and missing many features, but the developer still manages to make this ROM usable. This build contains some minor bugs and it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. The Redmi Note 3 Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 from below and Update Redmi Note 3 to Android Oreo manually.
What’s Not Working –
- USB tether
- This ROM is work on Redmi Note 3 (kenzo/Kate). Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Redmi Note 3 – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps (Optional) from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it. (It will wipe internal memory so save SuperSu and Gapps on SD card)
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now Flash the SuperSu/Magisk zip (Optional).
8) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The post How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 [AOSP ROM] appeared first on Android News.