Latest AOSP 8.0 ROM for OnePlus 5 is now available for download. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 ROM for OnePlus 5 is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on OnePlus 5 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5.
XDA Senior Member updateing released the initial build of AOSP 8.0 ROM for OnePlus 5 and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5 from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for OnePlus 5 and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on OnePlus 5. The OnePlus 5 Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5 from below and Update OnePlus 5 to Android Oreo manually.
- BT stuff
- Permissive SELinux
- This ROM is work on OnePlus 5. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Your device should be running on OxygenOS 4.5.10
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 8.0 ROM for OnePlus 5
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
3) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter the folder, and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
4) Now Download the ROM from above and extract it in ADB and Fastboot folder and then press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
5) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter the fastboot mode of OnePlus 5 type the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
6) You are in a Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
7) Now issue the below command one by one.
fastboot erase boot fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
8) Now reboot into Recovery and Wipe Data.
9) Reboot and done.
The post How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5 [AOSP 8.0 ROM] appeared first on Android News.