Latest AOSP 8.0 ROM for Nexus 6P is now available for download. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Nexus 6P is available for download. If you want to taste Android Oreo on Nexus 6P then follow our guide to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 6P.
XDA senior member Agent_fabulous released the initial build of Android Oreo ROM for Nexus 6P and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and almost everything working. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 6P from below.
The ROM is an initial Oreo build for Nexus 6P and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Nexus 6P. The Nexus 6P Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 6P from below and Update Nexus 6P to Android Oreo manually.
- This ROM is work on Nexus 6P. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Nexus 6P
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Nexus 6P – Download (Development Page)
- Vendor image for Nexus 6P – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 6P
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps (Optional) from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now Reboot to Bootloader.
6) Flash Vendor image file and then Reboot again to Recovery.
7) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
8) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
9) Now Flash the SuperSu/Magisk zip (Optional).
10) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The post How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 6P [AOSP ROM] appeared first on Android News.