Latest Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 4i is now available for download. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first Lineage OS 15 for Mi 4i is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Mi 4i then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 4i.
XDA Senior member Shrukul released the initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 4i and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 4i from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Mi 4i and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Mi 4i. The Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i from below and Update Mi 4i to Android Oreo manually.
- SELinux is permissive
- This ROM is work on Mi 4i. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 4i
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 4i
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The post How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 4i [Lineage OS 15 ROM] appeared first on Android News.