Now you can Update Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing latest AOSP 8.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 for Honor 8 is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Honor 8 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 8.
XDA Recognized Contributor XePeleato released the initial build of OpenKirn AOSP 8.0 ROM for Honor 8 which is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 8 from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Honor 8 and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Honor 8. The Honor 8 Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 8 from below and Update Honor 8 to Android Oreo manually.
Whats NOT Working :
- Camera (both of them)
- Low radio signal
- This ROM is work on Honor 8. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 8.0 ROM for Honor 8
- Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo for Honor 8 – Download (Development Page)
- Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps For Honor 8 – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 8
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The post How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 8 [AOSP 8.0] appeared first on Android News.