Here we share How to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android Oreo to Nougat. Recently Huawei released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for Mate 9. The update is quite stable, but If you update your phone but don’t like the update for any reason, then you can easily revert Huawei Mate 9 to a lower version (Android Nougat). You need to download Stock Nougat firmware to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android Oreo to Nougat and the process is very simple. Check below guide to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android 8.0 Oreo to Android Nougat.
Stable Oreo version is available for Huawei Mate 9 but many device owners are still not happy with the update for various reasons. If you are one of the users and would like to Rollback Huawei Mate 9 from Android Oreo to the Nougat version, then you are in the right place here we share the method to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 to Nougat from Android Oreo.
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model –MHA-L29/MHA-L09
- Android Rollback Version – 8.0 Oreo -> v7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Rollback Version – 8.0 -> 5.0
- Rollback Build: MHA-L29C432B198/MHA-L09C432B198
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Rollback firmware Package
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The following process is not tested by me but reported by many users that it works well
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
Requirement to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 to Nougat
How to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android Oreo to Nougat
1) Requirements for this method.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Mate 9 first, Skip it if you already had it unlocked.
- HWOTA8 Package (HWOTA8_2017110501.zip)
- Download the above Nougat Firmware (three zip files)
2) Put update.zip, update_data_public.zip, and update_all_hw.zip files into HWOTA8 repack directory. (Rename the files as mentioned if downloaded with different name).
3) Run repack.bat to update zip files.
4) Now boot your device into fastboot mode by using Volume Down + Power.
3) Now run Replace_Recovery.bat in HWOTA8 to flash TWRP recovery.
4) Disconnect USB cable and boot your device into TWRP using Volume Up + Power.
5) Create “HWOTA8” folder in sdcard using MTP.
6) Put hwota8_update.zip, MHA_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.img, and three Huawei update package files from repack directory into “HWOTA8” directory.
7) Now in TWRP select install and flash hwota8_update.zip via TWRP.
8) Now Enter recovery and do a factory reset.
9) Reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android Oreo to Nougat. If you have any questions comment below.
The post How to Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android Oreo to Nougat appeared first on Android News.