We all use Google search or watch YouTube videos on daily basis. These things have become a part of our daily routines. Most of the times, we are signed in with our Google account while performing all of these activities. Just like everything we do on the browser is recorded in its browsing history, the searches you make or the videos you watch are also stored in your Google account history. Yes, there is a Google search history as well that is associated with your Google account. This means that whatever you searched or watched while signed in with your google account is stored with your account. But, don’t worry, this information isn’t public and only available to you.
Google store your Google history to ensure a better and relevant content. This information is used by Google to determine what you like and don’t like and, therefore, suggest things or ads related to your interests. So, if you aren’t comfortable with this or you simply want to delete your Google history, the steps are given below.
- Open your browser
- Sign in to your account (if you aren’t already)
- Click your profile picture on the top right corner
- Select My Account
- Scroll down and select Go To My Activity under My Activity in Personal Info & Privacy Section
- Now you should be able to see your latest history
- Select Delete activity by from the left pane
- Select the day or the span of time you want to delete from the drop down menu under Delete by date
- Select All Search or ads or Video Search from the drop down menu. You can select whatever you want
- Select Delete
- Select Delete again to confirm
That’s it. Your Google Search history is deleted from your account.
Note: Keep in mind that deleting your Google Search history doesn’t delete your browsing history. If you want to delete your history completely then you need to delete the browsing history as well.
Follow the steps given below to delete your browsing history
- Open your browser
- Press CTRL, SHIFT and DELETE key simultaneously (CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE)
- Select the amount of time that you want to delete e.g. Today or Yesterday or 30 days from the drop down menu
- Select the options that you want to delete e.g. browsing history, download history
- Click Clear Browsing Data (Google Chrome) or Clear now (Firefox)
That is all you have to do. Now your history should be completely gone from both your Google account and Browser as well.