Online multiplayer gaming definitely doesn’t feel the same if you are not able to communicate with your teammates in order to perform a well-operated round. That is one of the reasons why Windows 10 comes with the Xbox app preinstalled and why Xbox One has so many settings where you can tweak this aspect of the game.
However, there is this error which keeps on appearing out of nowhere and it has been preventing gamers from enjoying the Party Chat functionality properly. The error message appears with this text:
Your network settings are blocking party chat 0x807a1007
This is quite a big problem since you are not able to use the online chat functionality at all and you are instantly disconnected from Party Chats you were part of and you are unable to connect to new ones. You can still play the game without other problems. Follow the solutions below and try to find out which one of them will work for you!
Solution 1: Change the Region on Your Xbox One
Plenty of gamers have tried out this method when they first encountered this error message and they have reported positive feedback regarding the method. It’s pretty easy to perform it on your Xbox ONE so make sure you try this one out before doing anything else.
However, changing the region has certain side-effects and we don’t recommend that you change your location if you have money left on your Microsoft account because you won’t be able to use it. Also, certain services may be blocked in other regions so make sure you choose the location wisely. You can only change your location once every three months.
- Make sure that you aresigned in to your console with your account and make sure you don’t have funds remaining on it. On the Home screen of your Xbox ONE, swipe left in order to navigate to the Guide menu.
- Click on Settings >> All Settings. Select the System section and choose Language & location option.
- Select the new location you want to use for your Xbox ONE (we recommend you choose United States) and choose Restart now.
- After your console restarts, check to see if the error code still appears.
Solution 2: Perform a Hard Reset
A hard reset usually fixes plenty of Xbox ONE related issues and this error is no different. Several users performed a hard reset as soon as they saw the error message and they reported that this method was quite successful. It’s pretty easy to do this and it can fix your problem in no time.
There are several names for this method: hard reset, powercycle, full restart, or cold restart. Follow the steps below.
- While your console is turned on, make sure you exit any games you may have left running and make sure there are no downloads or updates in the process.
- Hold the power button for atleast 10 seconds and wait for your console to shut down completely.
- When you press the power button again after it has been shut down, a green startup screen will appear.
- This method won’t make you lose any of your data but it will clear the caches and revert some of the settings to its original state.
- Check to see if your Party Chat is working.
Solution 3: Turn on Energy Saving Mode
Few users reported that you might be able to fix error code 0x807a1007 simply by turning on Energy Saving mode. This is a simple procedure and you can do it by following these steps:
- Make sure that you are signed in to your console with your account and make sure you don’t have funds remaining on it. On the Home screen of your Xbox ONE, swipe left in order to navigate to the Guide menu.
- Click on Settings >> All Settings. Select the Power & Startup option from the Settings section.
- Select Power Mode and check the box next to the Energy-saving option.
- After you turn this mode on, your Xbox turn on slower than before but the error should message you receive regarding Party Chat should disappear.
- Make sure you restart your Xbox ONE console as soon as you turn the Energy-saving option on in order to apply these changes.
The post Fix: Your Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat [0x807a1007] appeared first on Android News.