First AOSP based Custom ROM for Honor 9 is now available for all variants. Honor 9 is the latest flagship device which comes with EMUI 5.1 and Android Nougat. If you are not a fan of EMUI and want to install custom ROM on the device then Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9. Resurrection Remix is one of the best custom ROM which brings tons of new features like Substratum Theme Engine, Omni switch, Split-Screen, and Magisk Manager. Follow the below guide to Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9.
The latest Resurrection Remix ROM For Honor 9 is available for Honor 9 STF-AL00/AL10/AL20/L09/L14/L19/L39 and TL10 variants. To install Resurrection Remix ROM on Honor 9, you need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9 from below.
Thanks to the XDA member surdu_petru who provides Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9. The ROM is a beta build and comes with tons of new features. The Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9 is a daily driver but contains some issues like issues like the video recording and encryption. Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9 from below.
- This ROM is work on Honor 9 only. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM Features
- Substratum Theme Engine
- A huge bunch of various customizations
- Root & Magisk manager
- Battery power profiles
- System profiles
- Dual SIM support
- WiFi, BT, GPS, IR & NFC
- Off mode charging
Not Working –
- workaround for Camera Video Recording :
( Please use OpenCamera and set FPS to 15 )
- Home/FPS Button not recognized
- device reboot to erecovery from time to time (mostly if USB cable is connected)
Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9
- Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM For Honor 9 – Download, Development Page
- Vendor.zip for Honor 9 – Download
- Gapps For Honor 9
How to Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 ROM on Honor 9
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the Resurrection Remix ROM For Honor 9 and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Follow the below step to flash vendor.img
- Extracted the vendor.zip and put it on your external sdcard.
- Now either use TWRP terminal or adb shell to flash the vendor.img :
dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor_a
If you flash it from internal storage, use “sdcard instead of “external_sd”
- After flashing the Vendor file Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.