Good news for OnePlus 5 users, latest stable Oreo-based OxygenOS 5.0 update for OnePlus 5 starts rolling out. OnePlus already released the Android 8.0 Oreo-based Open Beta for the device and stable OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo update for OnePlus 5 is now available. The OxygenOS 5.0 update added Parallel Apps, new camera UI, beauty effect for portrait mode, new design for quick settings and lift-up display, and bring December security patch. Download OxygenOS 5.0 Update for OnePlus 5 from below.
The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and many users already getting OxygenOS 5.0 Update for OnePlus 5. The update is incremental and rolls out in phase wise manner. You can wait for the OTA updates, or you can Update Oneplus 5 to OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo manually with below method. Download OxygenOS 5.0 Update for OnePlus 5 from below.
The new OxygenOS 5.0 for OnePlus 5 added new apps and added some system and launcher modifications (Check the complete changelogs from below). We provide you the OxygenOS 5.0 OTA file which you can flash on your device. So if you want to update your OnePlus to the latest version then Download OxygenOS 5.0 OTA for OnePlus 5 from below. Check below what’s new in OxygenOS 5.0
OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 5.0 Features and Changelogs –
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimizations for Shelf
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
- New Camera UI design
- Optimizations for photo quality
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
- Added history feature
- Added alarm calendar feature
- Added Parallel Apps feature
- New design for Quick Settings
- New design for Lift up display
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi
- Optimizations for Battery Saver
- Updated Android security patch to December
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5.
- Full ROM can be flashed via TWRP as well.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS 5.0 Update for OnePlus 5
- OxygenOS 5.0 OTA for OnePlus 5 – Coming Soon (OxygenOS 4.5.15 to OxygenOS 5.0)
- OxygenOS 5.0 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download, Mirror
How to Install OxygenOS 5.0 Update on OnePlus 5
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the OxygenOS 5.0 for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the Oxygen OS 5.0 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
1) Download OxygenOS 5.0 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.
For Rooted Users
2) Reboot your device into Recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
3) Now wipe your cache files by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and swipe to confirm it.
4) Now, Go to Install and locate the OOS 5.0 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file
6) Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
7) Done! Reboot System and Enjoy.
The post Download Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0 Update for OnePlus 5 appeared first on Android News.