Now you can Update Moto X 2014 to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first Lineage OS 15 for Moto X 2014 is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Moto X 2014 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X 2014.
XDA Senior Member anderson mendes released the initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto X 2014 and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X 2014 from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Moto X 2014 and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Moto X2. The Moto X 2014 Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X 2014 from below and Update Moto X to Android Oreo manually.
- Soft Reboots
- SELinux is permissive
- This ROM is work on Moto X 2014. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto X 2014
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X 2014
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.