Now you can Update Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 is available for download.
XDA Senior Member vasishath, released the initial build of Android Oreo AOSP 8.0 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 from below.
The ROM is an initial Oreo build for Mi 3 and Mi4 and missing many features, but the developer still manages to make this ROM usable. This build contains some minor bugs and it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4. The Android Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 from below and Update Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 to Android Oreo manually.
- This ROM is work on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 – Download
- Android 8.0 Gapps For Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 – Download
- Magisk for Mi3/Mi4 – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it. (It will wipe internal memory so save SuperSu and Gapps on SD card)
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now Flash the SuperSu/Magisk zip.
8) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The post Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 appeared first on Android News.