Good news for OnePlus 5 Users, Latest Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 5 is now available for download. The OnePlus 5 Android 9.0 Pie Update is an official build and rolling out as OxygenOS Open Beta 22 along with OnePlus 5T. Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5 from below to Update OnePlus 5 to Android Pie. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 22 for OnePlus 5 from below and install it manually.
OnePlus 5 OxygenOS Open Beta 22 build not only brings the latest Android 9.0 Pie but also bring November 2018 security patch and lots of new features. OnePlus 5 Android 9.0 Pie update is about 1.6GB in size and soon will be available for all users. Follow below guide to Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you are in previous Open Beta build else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 22 on OnePlus 5 you will continue getting the OTA. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 22 for OnePlus 5 to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5.
OnePlus 5 Android 9.0 Pie Changelogs –
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 5
Method 1 –
1) Download Open Beta 22 ROM for OnePlus 5 from above and copy the file to internal storage.
2) Now Reboot your phone into recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
3) Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
4) Now find your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 22 OTA zip file for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 22 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
This is the easiest way to Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5 and install it manually. Let us know your thoughts about OnePlus 5 Pie update in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
The post Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for OnePlus 5 (OxygenOS Open Beta 22) appeared first on STechGuide.