As promised OnePlus released the Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 update for OnePlus 5. Recently OnePlus released the Stable Oreo version for OnePlus 3/3T and now release OxygenOS Open Beta update for OnePlus 5. The update brings PIP (Picture in Picture), notification dots, Smart text selection, Auto-fill, revamped Quick Settings menu, October 2017 security patches. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 from below.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you joined Open Beta program else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5 you will continue getting the OTA. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 from below and flash it manually.
Recently OnePlus released the stable OxygenOS 4.5.14 for OnePlus 5, but if you want early access to new features, then you must try the latest Open beta for OnePlus 5. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 from below. Check below what’s new in OxygenOS Open Beta 1.
Features of OxygenOS Open Beta 1
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Added Parallel Apps
- Updated security patch to October
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 1
Method 1 –
1) Download Oreo Open Beta ROM for OnePlus 5 from above and copy the file to internal storage.
2) Now Reboot your phone in to recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
3) Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
4) Now find your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 1OTA zip file for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
The post Download Android 8.0 Oreo Based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 appeared first on Android News.