Now you can Update Mi 5s and Mi 5s plus to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now the first Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus is available for download. Xiaomi may or may not release the Oreo update for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus but you can try Android Oreo ROM on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus right now. Follow our guide to Install Lineage OS 15 on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus.
Lineage OS is one the best and base for the most popular Custom ROMs among Android community. As Android Oreo is out, the developers of Lineage OS already working on developing Lineage OS 15.0 for most of the smart phones. This Lineage OS will provide you almost all Android 8.0 Oreo Features with some extras. Latest Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus is now available for download and here we share a link to Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus.
Lineage OS 15 or CM 15 for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus is an initial Oreo build and it is stable enough to use as a daily driver. The ROM will be updated with time and you will get a better Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus. The Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus brings Oreo features and some LOS features like such LiveDisplay, PIP, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and so on. Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus from below.
What’s not working :
- SELinux is permissive
- This ROM is work on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus only. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s Capricorn – Download (Development Page)
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s Plus Natrium – Download (Development Page)
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the LineageOS 15 ROM for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The post Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus appeared first on Android News.