Good news for Galaxy Note 8 Users, Latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for Galaxy Note 8 is now available for download. The Galaxy Note 8 Oreo Update we shared is not an official version but a leaked which is available for SM-N950U variants (T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint). The Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update is available for Snapdragon variants which brings all Android Oreo Features, latest security patch, Samsung Experience 9.0 and more. If you want to Update Galaxy Note 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo manually then you are in right place. Here we share a guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Galaxy Note 8.
We already shared the Oreo beta build for unlocked Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ and now we share Android Oreo OTA for Galaxy Note 8. This Oreo beta update brings the firmware number N950USQU2CQL1 for the Galaxy Note 8. To install Oreo firmware on Galaxy Note 8 your device should be running onN950USQS2BQK2. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U.
The official Galaxy Note 8 Oreo OTA Firmware will be available soon which will come with theN950USQU2CQL1 build. But here we share a method to update Galaxy Note 8 to Oreo right now. Download Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware from below to update Galaxy Note 8 to Android Oreo manually.
- This Firmware file is only for Galaxy Note 8 N950U variant. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Below method is not tested so do it at your own risk.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
- Download Galaxy Note 8 Oreo OTA zip (BQK2 to CQL1 )- Download, Mirror
- Download Galaxy Note 8 BQK2 firmware – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy Note 8
To start the process to install Oreo on Note 8, make sure your device is running on BQK2 firmware. If not download the firmware from above and flash it manually and then proceed. (Check How to Flash Nougat BQK3 firmware on Galaxy Note 8)
Method 1 –
1) To manually check the update, you can head over to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
2) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting ->developer option ->. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
4) Download the Android Oreo OTA Zip file for Galaxy Note 8 from above and Copy ROM to ADB folder.
6) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
7) On ADB and Fastboot folder, press shift+right click and click on open command here.
8) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed you’re ready to flash the ROM
9) Flash the Oreo ROM on Galaxy Note 8 by typing below command
adb sideload File_name.zip
10) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone (first boot will be longer than 15 minutes)
Method 2 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download Android Oreo OTA zip CQL1 for Galaxy Note 8 from above and save it to internal memory.
3) Reboot Galaxy Note 8 to Recovery mode.
4) Now select Apply update from SD Card.
5) Choose the zip file you downloaded and wait to complete the installation process.
6) Done! Reboot your phone and enjoy.
The post Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy Note 8 appeared first on Android News.