BREAKING: Fired FBI Director Comey Releases Statement – Assured Trump Three Times he Was Not Under Investigation

Former FBI Director James Comey’s opening statement was released on Wednesday less than 24 hours before Senate Intelligence Committee hearing.

Comey will tell the committee he assured President Trump that he was not under investigation.

What Comey will say in his Thursday opening statement:

Then the President asked why there had been a congressional hearing about Russia the previous week – at which I had, as the Department of Justice directed, confirmed the investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign, I explained the demands from the leadership of both parties in Congress for more information, and that Senator Grassley had even held up the confirmation of the Deputy Attorney General until we briefed him in detail on the investigation.

I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him I had previously told him that.

He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.” (I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)

Comey assured Trump three times he was not under investigation.

 

Check Also

Left-Wing Smear Machine Lists Gateway Pundit as Top Russia Propaganda Website

Recently a far left smear website was created to track Russia propaganda and ‘bots’ on …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *