The NBA Finals are finally here. We endured weeks of lopsided basketball for the highly anticipated Warriors-Cavaliers III. Drama will certainly play out on the court this series, and bettors will be watching. Let’s take a look at 20 money-making (or wasting) prop bets ahead of the NBA Finals. Bets are courtesy of Bovada.
Disclaimer: Odds may have changed since the time of publishing.
20. Will there be a flagrant Foul?
Yes: -325 (4/13)
No: +250 (5/2)
FTW’s thoughts: Seems like a safe bet.
19. Highest single-game point total by one player
FTW’s thoughts: With all the star power between these two teams, there is the potential for a 41-point game. But I’d still take the under.
18. Which player will have the most points scored in one game?
LeBron James: 2/1
Kevin Durant: 11/4
Stephen Curry: 13/4
Kyrie Irving: 13/4
FTW’s thoughts: It has to be LeBron, right?
17. Will LeBron James record a triple double?
Yes: +150 (3/2)
No: -180 (5/9)
FTW’s thoughts: LeBron James has seven triple doubles in his Finals career, trailing just Magic Johnson. It’s a strong possibility.
16. Will Draymond Green record a triple double?
Yes: +200 (2/1)
No: -260 (5/13)
FTW’s thoughts: Strong no.
15. Average 3-point field goals per game by the Cavaliers
FTW’s thoughts: The Cavaliers have averaged 14.6 3-pointers a game in the playoffs. I’d lean towards the over.
14. Average 3-point field goals per game by the Warriors
FTW’s thoughts: The Warriors are averaging just 12 3-pointers in the playoffs, but they’re still the Warriors. Take the over.
13. 3-point percentage for the Golden State Warriors
FTW’s thoughts: This is about on par with what the Warriors have shot in the playoffs. It’s a tough call — go under.
12. 3-point percentage for the the Cleveland Cavaliers
FTW’s thoughts: Unless the Cavaliers go ice cold in the Finals, they’ll hit the over.
11. How many games will go into overtime?
Over: ½ (+170, 17/10)
Under: ½ (-210, 10/21)
FTW’s thoughts: If you really like putting your money to chance, go for this bet. With all the moving parts and randomness that can extend a game into overtime, it’s basically a coin flip. These teams went into overtime twice in the 2015 Finals and none in 2016.
10. Will there be an ejection?
Yes: +275 (11/4)
No: -350 (2/7)
FTW’s thoughts: These teams don’t like each other, so bet yes. Dahntay Jones could go for the repeat.
9. Will any player be suspended?
Yes: +700 (7/1)
No: -1400 (1/14)
FTW’s thoughts: I hope not.
8. Will there be a game-winning buzzer beater?
Yes: +550 (11/2)
No: -900 (1/9)
FTW’s thoughts: I’d say bet no, but that would totally be a fun thing to happen.
7. NBA Finals points per game – LeBron James
FTW’s thoughts: The way LeBron has been playing in the postseason — aside from two games — it would be difficult to bet under. Expect a huge series from James.
6. NBA Finals points per game – Kyrie Irving
FTW’s thoughts: This will be a close one, but leaning towards the under.
5. NBA Finals points per game – Stephen Curry
FTW’s thoughts: Curry seems ready to break out in the Finals, and he’s already averaged 28.6 in the postseason. Bet over.
4. NBA Finals points per game – Kevin Durant
FTW’s thoughts: As capable as Durant is of averaging 30-plus points in the Finals, I think Curry’s scoring will force Durant into the under.
3. NBA Finals points per game – Klay Thompson
FTW’s thoughts: Again, take the under.
2. Odds to win 2017 NBA Finals MVP
Kevin Durant: 11/5
LeBron James: 11/5
Stephen Curry: 9/4
Draymond Green: 8/1
FTW’s thoughts: If you think the Warriors will win this series, which I do, bet on Steph Curry.
1. Odds to win the NBA title
Cleveland Cavaliers: 2/1
Golden State Warriors: 5/12
FTW’s thoughts: The Warriors just have too many weapons and have been playing their best basketball. Plus, Stephen A. Smith picked the Cavaliers, and it’s been forever since he’s picked a Finals winner correctly.