Asus has, after a series of leaks, announced the fourth generation of its battery-oriented smartphone series with the launch of the Zenfone 4 Max. Apart from sporting a massive 5000mAh battery, the new handset also features a set of cameras on the back for capturing wide landscapes.
The Zenfone 4 Max almost retains the company’s design approach with a few changes on the front. There’s a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS panel followed by a fingerprint reader housed under the home button. The phone comes in two different variants, one of which is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core chipset and the other runs on the Snapdragon 430 octa-core Mobile Platform. RAM options vary from 2-4 gigs with 16, 32, and 64GB of internal storage respectively. It does support MicroSD expansion up to 256GB.
The rear camera arrangement is where Asus has made the significant changes this time. Along with a regular 13-megapixel f/2.0 lens, the Zenfone 4 Max also carries another 13-megapixel 120-degree wide angle lens which is certainly the first in its price bracket. In addition to that, there’s a front-facing 8-megapixel f/2.2 85-degree wide angle lens with a soft LED flash.
Asus has also added a 5-magnet speaker system augmented by an NXP Smart Amp Amplifier and a pair of noise-cancelling microphones. The battery supports 10W rapid charging and it is compatible with 4G VoLTE and Bluetooth 4.1. Lastly, the Zenfone 4 Max comes with Android Nougat out-of-the-box veneered by, of course, a thick layer of Asus’ own ZenUI skin.
There are three color options to choose from – Black, Gold, and Pink. The Zenfone 4 Max will be available at a starting price of 13900 Ruble (US$ 234 / Rs. 15,000) for the 2+16GB version in Russia. Details about other models and global availability hasn’t been announced yet. The Taiwanese OEM is expected to launch a few more fourth-generation Zenfone handsets soon.
Asus ZenFone 4 Max Specifications
- Dimensions: 154 x 76.9 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 181g
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4Ghz, 500 MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor clocked at 1.4Ghz, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2/3/4GB RAM, 16/32/64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS with Zen UI 3.0
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1
- Rear Camera: 13MP, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, secondary 13MP camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens, EIS
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens, soft LED flash
- 5-magnet speakers with NXP Smart Amp Amplifier, Dual noise-canceling microphones
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5000mAh built-in battery with 10W rapid charging
The post Asus Zenfone 4 Max Comes with a Dual Camera Setup and 5000mAh Battery appeared first on Android News.